Whether you decide to attend or exhibit at a trade show in Portland, Oregon, the City of Roses offers opportunities for businesses to connect with potential customers, build brand awareness, and achieve their marketing and sales goals. The city’s vibrant atmosphere, diverse business community, and cost-effectiveness make it an ideal location for hosting a successful trade show.
If you are unfamiliar with Portland, here are a few interesting facts that make it the perfect destination for any trade show:
- Largest independently owned bookstore in the world: Powell’s City of Books spans an entire city block.
- More bridges than any other city in the world except Venice and Amsterdam
- Craft beer capital of the world: More breweries per capita than any other city
- Food carts: A Portland staple, offering a variety of cuisines from around the world.
- Close proximity to stunning natural scenery: Mount Hood, Columbia River Gorge, Oregon Coast, and Willamette Valley wine region.
- Thriving music scene: Home to numerous musicians and bands, including Everclear, The Decemberists, and Pink Martini.
Portland Oregon Trade Shows: A Hub for Diverse Industries
Portland, Oregon boasts a thriving business community, making it an attractive location for trade shows. Here are some specific advantages of participating in a trade show in Portland:
- Portland is home to a diverse range of industries, including technology, healthcare, manufacturing, and food and beverage. This attracts a large number of potential customers and qualified buyers to trade shows, allowing businesses to target specific audiences.
- The city’s growing population and vibrant economy mean that there is a strong demand for new products and services.
Access to Talent and Resources:
- Portland is a hub for talented individuals and innovative companies. This makes it easier for businesses to connect with potential employees, partners, and collaborators.
- The city’s strong support for startups and entrepreneurs provides access to valuable resources and funding opportunities.
- Compared to other major cities, the cost of exhibiting at a trade show in Portland is relatively affordable. This makes it a good option for businesses of all sizes, including startups and small businesses.
- The city’s compact size and efficient transportation system make it easy to get around and navigate during the trade show.
- Portland’s creative and entrepreneurial spirit creates a unique and vibrant atmosphere at trade shows. This can help businesses stand out and make a lasting impression on potential customers.
- The city’s focus on sustainability and environmental consciousness resonates with many businesses and consumers, making it an ideal location for showcasing eco-friendly products and services.
- Portland offers a variety of venues suitable for hosting trade shows, from large convention centers to intimate art galleries.
- The city’s renowned food scene and diverse cultural offerings provide attendees with plenty of options for entertainment and relaxation before, during, and after the trade show.
- Portland’s location in the Pacific Northwest makes it easily accessible from other major cities on the West Coast.
Must-Attend Oregon Convention Center Events
The Oregon Convention Center is located on the east side of the Willamette River in the Lloyd District neighborhood (across from DT Portland). It is best known for the twin spire towers, which provide light into the building’s interior and for housing the world’s largest Foucault pendulum. It’s conveniently located next to major hotels, shopping districts, entertainment (Moda Center, for example), and mass transit.
FAN EXPO PORTLAND 2024 (January)
Join tens of thousands of fans who are just like you and experience the ultimate playground for comics, sci-fi, horror, anime, and gaming.
Three days of citywide events, family-friendly attractions, and world-renowned celebrities await. Attendees can shop for hundreds of vendors and exhibitors, check out panels and workshops, meet their favorite stars and creators, and celebrate what makes them geeky with thousands of other fans in cosplay.
Portland International Auto Show (February)
Started in 1910, the Portland International Auto Show (PIAS) is an annual, four-day event that draws approximately 100,000 visitors. Events include Electric Avenue, Family Day, the Kids Zone, Rides and Drives, and Armed Forces Vehicles.
Mass Timber Conference 2024 (March)
The International Mass Timber Conference is the largest gathering of mass timber experts in the world, focusing on the entire industry supply chain.
Explore cross-laminated timber (CLT), nail-laminated timber, glulam, mass plywood panels, dowel-laminated timber, and laminated veneer lumber; and the opportunities and obstacles in global design, construction, development, manufacturing, and more.
The Sports ETA Symposium is the annual meeting of the Sports Events & Tourism Association (Sports ETA), the non-profit trade association for the sports events and tourism industry since 1992. Throughout the week, sports destinations meet with hundreds of decision-makers responsible for organizing sports events.
Grow professionally, exchange ideas, and drive more business at one of the largest gatherings of top executives in the sports events and tourism industry.
Medical Libraries Association’s premier event draws more than 1,400 participants including medical librarians and other health information professionals, international attendees, and exhibitors. MLA ’24 offers a variety of opportunities for attending educational sessions, seeing the latest products in the Exhibit Hall, and networking with colleagues. The meeting is a 4-day interdisciplinary educational experience, with a 2 1/2-day commercial exhibition that attracts exhibitors from around the world.
ASEE Annual Meeting 2024 (June)
The highly anticipated 131st ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition is scheduled from June 23 to 26 against the backdrop of Portland, Oregon. This event is a grand celebration open to all who are invested in engineering education – from dedicated teachers and curious students to esteemed professors and passionate professionals.
The Materials Show (July)
This show connects materials and components suppliers from around the world directly to apparel and footwear manufacturers. Celebrating 25 years of bringing together vendors, buyers, and industry professionals for networking opportunities.
NHRMA 2024 Annual Conference & Tradeshow (September)
The conference for strategic human resource professionals and business leaders brings the best speakers and training opportunities in the Pacific NW.
The Clean Currents Conference + Tradeshow is the industry’s all-encompassing event where the waterpower industry comes together each fall.
ASME – 2024 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition (IMECE) (November)
ASME’s International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition (IMECE) is the only event where research leaders from academia, government, and industry converge to make connections and share insights for innovation across engineering disciplines.
Craft Wonderland Holiday Art + Craft Market (December)
The Crafty Wonderland Holiday Art + Craft Market features over 250 makers selling amazing handmade goods at the Oregon Convention Center! Support local artists + makers and stock up on one-of-a-kind gifts for everyone on your list – and grab something for yourself too!
Not-to-Miss Portland Expo Center Events
The Portland Expo Center hosts over 100 events a year, including green consumer shows, trade shows, conventions, meetings, and other special events. The Expo Center is Oregon’s largest multi-purpose facility. The 53-acre campus boasts five exhibit halls totaling over 333,000 square feet and ten meeting rooms.
Portland Spring Home and Garden Show (February)
The 2024 Portland Spring Home & Garden Show is February 22 – 25, 2024. Featuring Master Floral Artist/Designer Julia Rose from Australia, along with the Entry Showcase, Workshop Sessions, Floral Couture Activations, and Immersive Experiences.
Enjoy fresh Oregon seafood as well as wine, craft beers, cider, and distilled spirits as you browse the myriad of exhibitors! Over 30 of Oregon’s finest wineries (and 20 other beverage makers) offer tastings of their very best.
Northwest Food Show (April)
The largest B2B food show in the Northwest. This is an industry trade industry event and NOT open to the general public. All attendees must be involved with the restaurant, food service or hospitality industry.
Whether you envision a formal black-tie affair or a casual barefoot ceremony on the beach, the experts at the Portland Bridal and Wedding Expo are ready to offer advice in creating timeless memories for your perfect wedding
Timber Processing and Energy Expo (September)
This is a one-of-a-kind must-attend event for professionals in the lumber, panel, and engineered wood products and wood-based energy and biomass industries.
The Timber Processing & Energy Expo is supported by Timber Processing magazine, Panel World magazine, Wood Bioenergy magazine, and Hatton-Brown Expositions.
Considering a rental exhibit? Exhibits Northwest has the largest rental inventory on the West Coast and a team of designers who can assist with customizing your exhibit design. We’ll even assist with the installation at either the Oregon Convention Center or the Portland Expo Center.
Other Notable Trade Shows in Portland Oregon
In addition to the trade show facilities in Portland, there are numerous meeting, event, and convention centers throughout the state. Here are just a few in the central, eastern, and coastal regions of Oregon.
Salem Convention Center: The Salem Convention Center is located in Salem, Oregon. It offers 150,000 square feet of space for meetings, conventions, and trade shows. The convention center is also home to the Salem Convention Center Exhibit Hall, which is 30,000 square feet of flexible space.
Riverhouse on the Deschutes: The Riverhouse on the Deschutes is located in Bend, Oregon. It offers 41,000 square feet of space for meetings, conventions, and trade shows. The Riverhouse is also home to the Deschutes River Conference Center, which offers additional meeting space.
Seaside Civic & Convention Center: The Seaside Civic & Convention Center is located in Seaside, Oregon. It offers 23,000 square feet of space for meetings, conventions, and trade shows. The center is also home to the Seaside Civic & Convention Center Exhibit Hall, which is 12,000 square feet of flexible space.
Sunriver Resort: This resort offers 60,000 square feet of meeting space, including a 35,000-square-foot convention center. It is located in Sunriver, Oregon, and offers a variety of recreational activities and amenities.