A custom exhibit forces many exhibitors to reevaluate their trade show marketing. And that’s a good thing since a custom booth requires developing a detailed marketing strategy and implementation. Suddenly… The seat-of-the-pants approach to trade shows is no longer an option.
When you tailor the design, layout, graphics, and overall aesthetics of your trade show booth to your brand identity, your brand messaging improves along with your brand consistency and recognition. A well-designed exhibit will attract attention and curiosity, maximizing foot traffic and potential leads. Customization = personalization, meaning a custom exhibit gives you the flexibility to target a specific audience and boost engagement. Custom trade show exhibits are flexible and adaptable, making them a worthwhile long-term investment!
How Custom Exhibits Enhance Your Trade Show Presence
Custom exhibits can help you stand out from the competition. When you have a custom exhibit, you’re not just another booth in a sea of similar ones. Your exhibit will be unique and eye-catching, which will help you attract attention from potential customers and clients.
It can help you create a memorable experience for visitors. A well-designed custom exhibit can be a great way to engage visitors and leave a lasting impression. You can use your exhibit to tell your company’s story, showcase your products or services, or simply provide a comfortable and inviting space for visitors to learn more about your business.
It can help you generate leads. A custom exhibit can be a great way to collect contact information from potential customers and clients. You can do this by providing visitors with business cards, brochures, or other promotional materials. You can also use your exhibit to encourage visitors to sign up for your email list or follow you on social media.
It can help you boost your brand awareness. A custom exhibit is a great way to get your company’s name and logo out there in front of a large audience. When people see your exhibit, they’ll be more likely to remember your company and what you do.
Key Elements of a Custom Display
Think back to the last time you bought a vehicle. Once you decided on a model, you were then presented with “custom options.” But, in fact, the options were simply packages that 1000s of others could select as well. With a custom trade show exhibit, you have unlimited opportunities to design a booth for your brand and your marketing requirements. Will budget play a role in those decisions? Of course. But creativity doesn’t always have a price. So… let’s start with the basics or key elements of almost all custom displays.
- Finishes and Colors. Your brand matters. For many exhibitors, the brand’s color and finish are the base coat of any successful design.
- Layout. Yes, inlines are inlines and islands are islands but don’t let the rectangular or square footprint be a limitation. Your layout should fit your objectives. Do you need presentation areas, meeting rooms, demo stations, reception counters, and interactive games or activities?
- Graphics. All too often, exhibitors spend weeks designing the structure and days designing the graphics. Usually in that order. The exhibit structure and the graphic treatment should proceed hand-in-hand during the design process. And graphics often change from show to show. So what made sense at Show #1 may not be appropriate at Show #2.
- Display. Many custom exhibits are built using modular walls, both wood, and aluminum, your custom display should look like it was built specifically for you, and not just a display rebranded with your logos.
- Accessories and Interactive Elements. A custom display should seamlessly integrate into all the other elements in your booth, like counters, workstations, and furniture, and enhance the overall experience. This can be done with Audio, Video, Lighting, and Interactive Elements like games or touchscreens.
6 Branded Trade Show Display Examples
1. Zayo Custom Exhibit
2. SHOTT Beverages Branded Trade Show Display
3. Odyssey Custom Display
4. Evosus Custom Exhibit Fabrication
5. Verity Custom Trade Show Design
6. Sole Custom Display
Custom Trade Show Design Mistakes to Avoid
- Designing smaller / multiple configurations with the same properties. While this may seem like a wise investment, it can backfire when exhibitors focus on the “modularity” vs. the design goals. Design compromises may limit the impact of the primary exhibit and increase costs. Purchasing a separate, smaller exhibit for those space needs is often a better long-term choice both financially and for show flexibility.
- Storage. Exhibitors often underestimate how much lockable storage they’ll need in the booth, both inlines and islands. There’s more than you think:
- Computers, electronics, and lighting supplies
- Promotional products (giveaways)
- Personal items, like coats, briefcases, purses, shoes, and items you’ve gathered during the show.
- Cleaning products, like a vacuum, duster, and/or glass cleaners.
- Emergency supplies, like tools, Velcro, fabric cleaner, and duct tape
- Food and drinks for the booth staff and guests
- Focus on what’s important. We are all guilty of this. There’s a lot to share at a trade show. Instead, focus on creating a clean, memorable design with easily digestible messaging. A good display should engage attendees and prompt conversations. A trade show exhibit isn’t a website with multiple menus, submenus, an About Us page, and a searchable database. Think of it as the billboard that catches your eye as you drive to work and compels you to take action as a result.
Bring Your Brand to Life with Custom Exhibits from Exhibits NW!
At Exhibits Northwest, we specialize in crafting tailor-made trade show exhibits that perfectly represent your brand. With over three decades of experience and a track record of thousands of successful custom projects, we know just how to make your custom trade show booth stand out from the crowd and attract attention. Our team of expert designers and fabricators will leverage the latest technology and materials to ensure every detail of your trade show display is on-brand, from the layout and foundation to the graphics and finishing touches.
Experience the Exhibits Northwest difference today!